Saturday, September 14, 2013

Of Chasing The Night

(For those ninety-nine desires and many plans)


There in the streets I roam, in time

Where facts and faces and shadows align
In the pale houses or cornered bliss, 
Two-pice worries and dogs in peace
In peace the breath, night, chrome, I walk 

And I saw you shine
Just you
For me

Then you chased the night
For me
Just you

And now we turn the stares into sleep, of love. 


Below the haze the crows carry my truth 
Busy lanes yawning as they should 
Moist with hope that smile seldom gives 
Or as the boy in the blues gently believes

Picking the stones and staying still  
Is there a street busy with you
Showing signs that aren't quite true
The streets were left cold, as they always feel
The night left me cold, as I always feel


And I saw you shine
Just you
For me

Then you chased the night
From me
Just you

And now we turn the stares into sleep, of love.


________________________
Composed in the tune of, and with the contentment of peace as attained under the influence of, The Cinematic Orchestra's To Build A Home


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts ...